Last week I became an aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Born February 20th, 2015
6 lbs. 12 oz., 20.5 inches long
Be still my heart. I am so in love with this little guy that I’m a bit worried how my heart will be able to handle the arrival of our little girl in just 2 months<3
Weeks 27-30 Recap
Yesterday marked 31 weeks–holy cow! Only 9 more weeks to go! How am I feeling? BEYOND EXCITED. I cannot wait to meet our little girl:-)
The Bump Progression:
Baby Movement: Baby girl is very active, especially after meals and at night. I also feel her little hiccups quite often which I think is super cute:) I love having her with me at all times and it’s bittersweet that in 2 months I will be able to finally hold her in my arms, however she will never again be with me at every moment like she is now.
Morning Sickness: For the most part I am nausea-free (hooray!) but it still creeps up every now and then, especially when I’m tired. However, after 25 weeks of constant queasiness, I can handle a little here and there–no sweat!
Sleep: Justin bought me a Snoogle for Christmas, but I had tried it out one night soon after I got it, and I could not get comfortable so I shelved it until I really needed it. Around week 26 I noticed that I could no longer sleep comfortably in my usual half side/half stomach position, so it was time to give the Snoogle another chance. It took a few nights to get used to/figure it out, and now I am LOVING it! No pregnancy-induced insomnia here:-)
Cravings: I still require orange juice nightly before bed, I adore strawberry Greek yogurt with almonds, and recently I have had a strong hankering for Rainbow Chip cake & frosting…only to find out that Rainbow Chip frosting has been discontinued!!??? What is this insanity??
Aversions: While I no longer have any strong aversions, many foods just don’t sound particularly appealing–it takes a lot longer for me to figure out groceries for the week, which for someone who struggles with indecisiveness to begin with, this is quite an added annoyance.
Weight Gain: At my last appointment at 30.5 weeks, I had reached the 20 lb. mark!
Stuffy Nose: My sinuses have definitely been awry throughout my pregnancy, but have been worse since catching a cold last month that refuses to leave and has slowly turned into a sinus infection.
Workouts: I’m still able to do some kind of workout most days of the week, however, I noticed this past week that things are definitely getting harder and I’m starting to slow down quite a bit. I just don’t have the same mobility/flexibility now that my belly is so much bigger, and some days it feels like my feet are moving through mud when I’m trying to do cardio. At Zumba on Tuesday I realized that this body just can’t move and groove like it used to–body rolling and twerking is pretty awkward at 30 weeks pregnant;)
Aches & Pains: No complaints here! I’ve been very fortunate to have been pretty comfortable throughout the pregnancy so far (besides the morning sickness). Starting a few weeks ago, I will sometimes get a side cramp when walking or jogging on the treadmill that kind of feels like the cramp you get if you exercise right after eating. There was also one incident where I woke up in the middle of the night with an excruciating charlie horse in the back of my leg, but luckily that hasn’t happened since (and I’m hoping it stays that way!) I think staying active and visiting my chiropractor/acupuncturist regularly has maybe helped?
- My right palm is always itchy for some reason
- I recently noticed I have peach fuzz all over my belly, but on the bright side no stretch marks so far! Let’s keep it that way, mmkay?
- I can’t comfortably go up on my tippy toes without feeling as if a charlie horse is coming on
- Energy levels are still pretty good during the day, however it’s a lot harder for me to get out of bed in the morning and I feel ready to go to bed by 7:30 most weeknights
- I’m always thirsty
- Very dry skin–I often have cracked, bleeding knuckles from having to wash my hands often at work due to being around germ-wrangling kids all day
- I feel like I’ve been in a pretty good, even-keel mood these past 7 months–no major emotional outbursts, although I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster the day my nephew was born: I felt terribly sad that I couldn’t be there when he arrived but so incredibly, overwhelmingly happy and excited for him to enter the world
9 more weeks to go!